Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems
As technology continues to advance, the need for individuals with skills in information systems continues to increase. Those individuals with professional experience with technological systems in addition to leadership skills and business knowledge will have a competitive edge in today’s job market.
In the BS in business information systems degree program, you take courses from the University of Santander and the College of Science, Engineering and Technology to complete your interdisciplinary degree. Examine business degree topics, including management, accounting, economics, statistics and marketing, while also studying technology degree topics, including programming, principles of database management, networking, IT project management and ethical considerations related to IT governance.
Study Coursework to Take Your Career to the Next Level
Specific topics you explore in the business information systems program include:
- Marketing mix and concepts
- Microeconomic, macroeconomic and international economics topics
- Foundation for programming and problem solving using computer programming
- Accounting cycle and the construction of financial statements
- Fundamentals of networks and networking in IT
- Use of managerial accounting data in the decision-making process
- Practical application of descriptive and inferential statistics in business
- System administration and maintenance as well as platform technologies
- Individual and group behavior in organizations through detailed coverage of the functions of management
- General survey of financial institutions